Monday, February 20, 2012

Farmers Market Love

Oceanside Farmers Market

So I am simply loving my trip to sunny southern California!  My grand-baby girl (due in May) is getting bigger by the minute and my daughter is doing really well with her pregnancy, she looks beautiful!  We have been walking about 4 miles a day along the ocean.  I think I have never seen so many strollers and soooo many cute pups!  I'm sure I am driving everyone here in California crazy with my "Good Mornin" each time I pass someone.  It's just the Texan in me, no apologies here.  

We have had a wonderful time hitting all of the Farmers Markets!  They are in different areas (all near by) so there is access to fresh eggs, fresh fruits (beautiful blood oranges), lovely ultra fresh veggies and the most beautiful fresh flowers, bunches and bunches of them.  The last farmers market we went to had fantastic fresh fish, lots of variety.  So tonight, we will be having John Dorie fish from Australia with cremini mushrooms and green onions with some kind of brown butter sauce I will make up in my head.  To go with that we found gorgeous golden beets that we will roast and the tops will be sauteed with garlic and green onions......yum.  All of these goodies came from the Del Mar Farmers Market.

Strawberries,  OMG, the strawberries!   Fields and fields of them everywhere!!!  They are delicious and  of course, super fresh!!

Carlsbad Farmers Market Goodies!
(the asparagus was fabulous!!!!)

Namaste ~ LeslieMichele