Friday, December 9, 2011

Gratitude and Abundance



You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach


Our universe is amaaazing!  Over the last seven years I have made it a point to begin and end my prayers with all of the things/events/people/circumstances that I am thankful and grateful for.  I really make an effort to not ask for much of anything for myself, but I ask for God to help me make sure my eyes are open and I take notice of all the beauty and miracles I am surrounded by.  I do ask (alot) for blessings and abundance for friends and family.  

I love the quote above by Breathnach.  I have found what she said to be so true and see examples of crazy abundance each and every day.  The grass is growing greener everyday and our young peach tree is blooming(albeit out of season) inspite of the drought we've experienced.  My sweet husband is finally able to enjoy a few very deserved days off.  My parents are healthier everyday.  Projects are smoothly coming together.  I am able to share in the daily joys of my daughter's pregnancy and watch my granddaughter grow bigger in her belly each day!  Crazy free awesome things are showing up at our house.  And I am blessed with the most beautiful friendships, dear dear friends that enrich my life on a daily basis.

“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” — Thornton Wilder


I believe each of us is here to experience miracles.  Just ask for your miracles.  Believe they are your miracles already.  Behave as if these miracles are in your life right now.  Be open to receive your miracles, after all they belong to you!


 “Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.” — Christiane Northrup


Send love to everyone and everything.  Yes, some times it is a challenge.  I love how Rhonda Byrne, the author of The Power and The Secret refers to some folks as "Personal Trainers".  Special challenging sweet people that feel like they were put on this earth to challenge us and possibly make us so crazy we want to rip out our own hair.  Love them, love them, love them.  Don't try to change them, focus on loving them.  You will be amazed what will happen as you watch more miracles unfold.  If you are unsure, pick one of those "personal trainers" and try it!  Remember Carl Jung's quote; "what you resists, persists", how true.  Instead, focus on what is good and beautiful about them and just send them your love. 


Expect your every need to be met. Expect the answer to every problem, expect abundance on every level – Eileen Caddy


This morning I am grateful for.....

I am thankful for my wonderful husband.  I am grateful he snored me awake, he's alive and so am I.  I got up earlier and remembered it was trash day.

I am grateful I rescued Hank our new Yorkie.  He challenges me to have more patience.

I am thankful for our beautiful home and the opportunity it provides me to make friends and family feel special, welcomed and loved.  I am grateful I have the opportunity to clean it.

I am thankful for my new ionic blow dryer (that I got for free with points I earned through Wells Fargo).  I don't feel like I have crap for hair anymore :)

Not all of these things sound like BIG things or serious things, but I assure you I give them the same love and gratitude as if they were.  I am just as grateful for the small things.

So go out today and LOVE!  Watch your miracles unfold.  They are yours for the asking and yours for the taking!

Namaste ~ LeslieMichele