Thursday, November 10, 2011

Ta Daaa, She's beautiful!






This was a very scary project and required total commitment.  It had to be perfect or it was could become a giant mistake and take a ton of work to fix.  I am thrilled with the outcome!  I busted my fanny to get this finished before Bunco at my house Tuesday evening.  Well the reviews from the ladies are in and they loved it, and I breathed a huge sigh of relief!



I have looked at this piece of furniture for years but oddly I felt like this was the first time I really looked at it.  It was always pretty and of course I appreciated it but now I find I appreciate it in a completely different way.  I love all of the scratches, bumps and gouges it has received over it's very long life.  Some of them obviously during moves but the ones I love the most are simply from years of use by us and it previous owners all the way back in the mid 1800's.


Before, this armoire just really felt heavy to me, now it's lighter and the detail in the carvings just pops!  I love it!  It lightened the room and has given the whole room a different feel.  Good job Leslie (me patting myself on the back)!




Annie Sloan Chalk Paint ROCKS!  Seriously, anyone can do this!!!

Before
After                             

   
Namaste ~ Leslie Michele